Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Belly Rings and other Body Jewelry topics.
Remember that a piercing is an open wound. Touching it with dirty hands or not caring for it properly will result in an infection. Follow the below tips to ensure a quick and infection-free healing period:
- Avoid sleeping on your belly while the piercing heals.
- Avoid going in public swimming areas while your piercing is healing.
- Wash your hand thoroughly before touching your belly button piercing.
- Follow your piercer's instructions - don't slack!
- Change your bedding often during the healing process.