Navel rings can be "sexy", but you must let them heal properly before you can "dress up" your belly button.
Here are some things to avoid after you pierce your navel in order to allow it to heal correctly.
-Avoid undue trauma such as friction from clothing, excessive motion of the area, playing with the jewelry and over cleaning.
- Avoid the use of alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, Betadine or ointment. Only use sterile saline solution with no additives to clean in and around the pierced area.
- Avoid stress and recreational drug use including excessive caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol.
- Avoid submerging the piercing in bodies of water such as lakes, pools, jacuzzis etc., without protecting the area with a waterproof covering.
- Avoid cosmetics, lotions, fragrances and sprays in or around the piercing. Basically all beauty and personal care products should be eliminated while you are healing.
- Do not hang charms or any object from your jewelry or remove your ring until the piercing is fully healed (which takes around 6 months).
Belly button rings are wonderful as long as you take care of your piercing and keep it free from possible irritants. An infected navel doesn't have much "sex appeal."
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.