Tongue body piercings require perhaps the most special care of all body piercings. Here are some basic cleaning and care guidelines:
- The mouth must be rinsed with a diluted mouthwash at least a dozen times a day, especially after eating or smoking.
- Follow a diet of soft food for the weeks immediately following the piercing
- Avoid oral sex and french kissing for at least a month
- Ice and ice water can reduce swelling
- If there is unusual swelling, pain, or fluids around the piercing, see a doctor immediately
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|